FORUMS: list search recent posts

path to fcpx share settings?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florian Gintenreiter
path to fcpx share settings?
on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:05:39 pm

I am looking for where FCPX does store share settings. As the custom share settings don't appear, when I start FCPX with another user on the same machine, I recon tey are in user/library. I have deleted FCPX's p
references in user/library/Application support, but the settings are still there.

They can't be in the application bundle itself, because I have deleted the app and reinstalled it — prefs are still there.

FCPX also does not use the share settings location compressor uses to store it's settings. I know that, because share settings don't update in FCPX, when I change them in compressor.

Can someone tell where those share settings are kept by FCPX?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: path to fcpx share settings?
on Jun 25, 2013 at 3:14:07 pm

The settings are stored with the rest of the FCPX preferences in:

user/Library/Preferences/UserDestinations.plist

But you shouldn't need to bother with it unless FCPX is acting wonky in which case you should delete all the preferences including:

user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.FinalCut.plist
user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.FinalCut.plist.lockfile (if showing)
user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist
user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile (if showing)

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Florian Gintenreiter
on Jun 25, 2013 at 7:30:26 pm

Thanks!

Yes, I was looking to delete the prefs, because FCPX is bonkers. I did delete the prefs you mentioned, but was looking for the last pref that stores the UserDestinations. It was not successful, FCPX still does not work.

Florian

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jun 26, 2013 at 10:16:08 am

Like Andy said the share destinations are stored in user/Library/Preferences/UserDestinations.plist

But when you completely re-install FCPX for a new User (which is what you did if I have read your other posts correctly) the custom user destinations (Compressor presets) are not added by default to this list, so you should manually add them back in FCPX.

The custom Compressor presets can be found in user>Library>ApplicationSupport>Compressor>Settings folder.

You can add them back via the Share menu > click Add Destination > double-click Compressor Settings in the list. This will open the Custom folder of your Compressor presets. Select any custom setting you wish, click OK and the Compressor preset(s) will be added as a new custom Destination in the FCPX Share menu.

If this does not work you will have to completely uninstall Compressor and re-install it for the new User you have created.

!!! Before uninstalling Compressor make a backup of all your custom Compressor presets in the Settings folder.

Uninstall Compressor using AppDelete, AppZapper or any other tool that deletes the app and all associated files. Then re-install Compressor 4 for the new User and see if everything works OK now.

Return to posts index

Florian Gintenreiter
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:51:12 am

Thanks for the tipps. I was trying to troubleshoot a misbehaving FCPX installation and suspected the Destination settings to be the culprit and thus wanted to delete them. Didn't help though.

Cheers

Florian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]