FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alias video clips in event library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john skye
Alias video clips in event library
on Jun 25, 2013 at 10:05:05 am

I just noticed that all my clips in the event libaray are alias files, despite me selecting "copy into event folder" during the import process.

2 questions- 1 is there a way to copy the clips for real into the event folder now I am half way through the project?

2- What should I have done differently when importing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Alias video clips in event library
on Jun 25, 2013 at 1:08:18 pm

Has it finished importing? It places aliases there and allows you to begin editing while it continues the import in the background.

If for some reason, either user or computer error, it doesn't copy the files, then you can highlight the event and choose file>organize event files and that will copy them.

Return to posts index

john skye
on Jun 25, 2013 at 1:37:03 pm

Thanks for your answer. After investigating more, I realised that the missing clips (the aliased ones) where actually imported from an event folder that I had copied from someone else. As it was referenceing form an event I guess it didn't copy them across. However your technique sorted it out and I now have everything in the one event folder, so thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:25:09 pm

If you duplicate a project in the project library you'll have same thing. If the duplicated project and event has aliases, the duplicate will too. You'll need to organize event files afterward if you want it to be a self contained event. This actually changed in 10.0.6. Before that it it would duplicate and organize in one step.

Return to posts index

john skye
on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:01:55 pm

All the footage came from a friend who had imported it in final cut X. They gave me the whole event folder, but when I imported the clips I just took them as if it was a standard folder of clips. Maybe that had something to do with it.

However the organise event sorted it all out perfectly into one self contained folder, which was exactly what I needed....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]