FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor not working in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben DuBois
Twixtor not working in FCP X
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:28:25 pm

Hi, my Twixtor footage (slowed down to 10%) in FCPX 10.0.8 isn't working properly. The audio seems to play at real time and then the video appears at the very end of the clip and the video is choppy and blurry (wavy/fluid). I manually rendered the selected footage. Recorded w JVC GZ-EX555, at 60p. I reviewed several tutorials and I believe I am applying Twixtor correctly but must be missing something. Anybody out there see this before or have suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Anna Possberg
Re: Twixtor not working in FCP X
on Jun 25, 2013 at 8:16:14 am

Can you give more details: what Codec has your footage? Is it AVCHD? Twixtor won't work well with H264, you have to convert it to Apple ProRes.
The wavy/ fluid effect (warping) may come from the motion sensitivity setting in the effect itself - by default is it set to 71%, if you slow down to 10% you should adjust the motion sensitivity to around 20%, but you can play around which setting works best. Also it works better if you add the black generator (sorry, I have FCPX in German) to the timeline after the clip you want to slow down, add both to a compound clip and on this compound clip you add the Twixtor effect
Here you have also a great tutorial from Revision Effects:
http://help.revisionfx.com/album/28/#/tutorial-133

Cheers,

Anna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]