FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy to optimized media is resulting in beach ball

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Walker
Proxy to optimized media is resulting in beach ball
on Jun 24, 2013 at 12:13:39 am

I have an hour and a half, 4 cam shoot with a fair amount of color correction. Mostly primary. When I imported the original footage I scrubbed through the optimized media and it was somewhat slow, but not out of the ordinary. I did my edit in proxy and everything was perfect. I then switched back from proxy to optimized and the beach ball showed up. It's been on my screen for about 25 minutes.

My thought was that all of the color corrections have to process for the optimized media. But the more time that passes, I'm starting to wonder. I've done large edits like this before with with less color correction, but with no problems what so ever. My finder is still responsive, but whenI select force quit FCPX says it's non responsive.

Has anyone encountered this before? If not, I must have done something terribly wrong. Should I have bounced a large edit like that, and then corrected it? Thanks in advance

FCPX 10.7
OSX 10.6

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Proxy to optimized media is resulting in beach ball
on Jun 24, 2013 at 12:29:12 am

It could be that it's simply hung up.

A force quit and restart should help.

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
on Jun 24, 2013 at 12:35:06 am

Been there about 15 times, and restarted my machine. I have plenty of HD space as well. Seems as though this is happening in all of my FCPX projects now. I am going to upgrade to 10.8 and hope that I can enjoy my weekend.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 24, 2013 at 1:01:35 am

Beach balling is happening or just the reconnect process is causing a beachball?

How many projects are loaded?

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
on Jun 24, 2013 at 1:20:51 am

I zapped the p-ram and it worked. To quote George Costanza - "I'm back baby!"

The beach ball was happening as soon as I clicked the radio button. Only a couple of projects were loaded.
So I guess the answer was to upgrade, restart, and zap pram. Not in that order.

It's been a week and I started getting the beach ball again, tried what I recommended above and it didn't work! What did work is restarting, switching to a tiny project , changing proxy, then opening back up the large project. I didn't realize that switching to proxy is a global function.

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:59:24 am

[Ryan Walker] "I then switched back from proxy to optimized and the beach ball showed up. It's been on my screen for about 25 minutes."

I've seen this happen when I try to switch from proxy back to full rez and it seems to be related to trying to close the preferences dialog before the proxy to full rez update is fully done.

See if waiting for a bit before closing the preference pane allows you to proceed.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Jun 24, 2013 at 7:17:02 am

This happens to me 99% of the time. I've just gotten used to forcing quit and restarting every time I switched from proxy to optimized. At first I thought maybe if I go to the project index and close all the folders it would help to minimize all the clip changes, but it doesn't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]