FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to split stereo audio pair in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
How to split stereo audio pair in FCP X
on Jun 20, 2013 at 9:50:38 pm

I've done this operation for years in FCP 6 but haven't figured out if it's possible in FCP X. I recorded 2 channels of audio at a dance recital. 1 channel is directly from the audio console and contains pristine audio of music and announcements. The second channel is mounted on the camcorder as back-up and to record audience applause which would normally not be recorded from channel 1. Now in FCP 6 I would go to Modify - Stereo Pair and deselect it thus creating 2 mono and independent channels I could then adjust accordingly. I can eliminate the slight delay of the 2 channels in stereo and lower the camcorder mic to just provide audience applause. Any ideas if this is possible in FCP X? Any direction on how I can accomplish this?

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: How to split stereo audio pair in FCP X
on Jun 20, 2013 at 10:07:38 pm

You want to use audio component editing in FCP X.

Take a look a the user guide here:

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.0.6/#verdcd1cc1

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jun 20, 2013 at 11:49:57 pm

The easiest way is to simply open the inspector, go to Audio, click on the green track and change it from stereo to dual mono, then you should see two seperate tracks, click the one off you don't need. The Audio Komponent Method is better if you need to see the tracks in the timeline, can be very helpful. Personally I prefer the inspector method.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jun 21, 2013 at 1:50:53 am

Thanks. I figured out to go to Channel Configuration and did like you stated, change audio from stereo to dual mono. I then used Clip - Expand Audio Component to access my two channels of audio and adjusted volume of my on camera mic to eliminate the delay yet maintain audience applause. Quite proud of myself as I transition from FCP 6 to X. Though I know it won't always be this easy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]