FORUMS: list search recent posts

absolute highest quality Vimeo export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Brown
absolute highest quality Vimeo export
on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:57:47 am

sorry if I am repeating something that has been answered before, just having trouble sort of pinning down an exact answer on this.

i need to export a 90 minute feature from FCPX. i need to stream it behind a password so I think Vimeo is my only/best option.

i have compressor. i'd like to make this thing look as good as humanly possible. i'm wondering what the kind of maxed out compressor setting should be for this?

also i've read some stuff about x264 instead of h264...but it was discontinued a while ago. is that still an important thing to use?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: absolute highest quality Vimeo export
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:27:32 am

Uh, I don't think there's a service out there that does a great job of serving entire 90 minute movies via typical home connections.

Most Vimeo and YouTube content is WAY shorter than that.

To upload 90 full length minutes of HD quality is going to take forever at typical home upload speeds.

Is anyone serving movie length files "on demand" like this from anything smaller than a full-scale distribution network service?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:28:47 am

yeah it's not ideal. but i've been hosting cuts on there for months now to show various people.

just hoping to use compressor to improve the quality...

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:19:36 am

I'd go two-pass H.264 at 1080p but be prepared for a file that's still several GB. I'd try to find a place you could upload that with a fast web connection. Or be prepared to send it over several days.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:36:23 pm

Last time I checked, Vimeo limited upload data rates to 5000 kBits/second. I generally choose 720 p H.264. I am not sure going to 1080p at such low data rates makes much sense. In any case I think they and Youtube limit their download rates so that too much data just leads to stopping and starting and loss of viewers.

The longest video I have seen on Vimeo was the Filmumentary Inside Jaws that ran 2 hours 29 minutes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]