FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio ghost in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Castiglione
audio ghost in FCP X
on Jun 14, 2013 at 11:59:48 pm

I am getting an audio ghost in FCP X. The program is playing an audio clip from another part of the timeline. It seems to happen when I am trying out the variations of the same edit on a project timeline. Not good and very irritating. I have reported the bug to apple. Has anyone else had this experience and if so is there any way of resolving it? Thanks in advance.

Rob Castiglione
New Editions Film & Sound

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: audio ghost in FCP X
on Jun 15, 2013 at 7:51:02 am

It's happened to me a couple times in the past.

Most likely, if you find the point that the ghost audio starts (or ends) there will be a one frame clip in between the clips at that point. If you select the one frame and expand its audio, it will extend way out revealing the ghost.

Or

There is a clip with audio that is essentially a giant J or L cut extending its audio throughout your edit. Since the audio is collapsed, you can't see it.

Either way the timeline index may be handy for narrowing down to just the clips you want to expand audio on, while on the ghost hunt.

Return to posts index

Robert Castiglione
Re: audio ghost in FCP X
on Jun 15, 2013 at 10:18:11 am

Thanks David.

I will take a more careful look at the timeline tomorrow. However, it does not appear as if there is anything there at all.

One point that might be relevant. This project was created from importing an xml from FCP 7 using FCP7 to X app. I wonder if it is a bug in the translation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]