FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Keying and no SmoothCam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Vazquez
FCP X Keying and no SmoothCam
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:18:31 am

I've noticed that the FCP X keying effects are not the best or maybe I'm not sure how to use them properly. I also noticed that there is no SmoothCam effect like in FCP 7, although SmoothCam never really worked too well. I was wondering if anyone else found these features to be troublesome or manage with FCP X just fine.

Thanks,
Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: FCP X Keying and no SmoothCam
on Jun 14, 2013 at 7:54:14 am

FWIW, I've found the keying in X blows the doors off 7,though admittedly I don't use it a lot. But when I've need to do quick little things I get really really good results. Thre's a stabilizer effect in there somewhere which people seem to really like as well, but I haven't messed with it so can't say...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jun 14, 2013 at 11:13:58 am

The stabilizer is in the inspector. Its not a seperate effect.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 14, 2013 at 12:04:35 pm

And the keyer definitely blows the doors off any built in keyer in 7. It's even better than Keylight in certain situations. Better than any built in keyer I've ever used. You must be holding it wrong.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jun 15, 2013 at 12:34:41 am

[Bret Williams] "And the keyer definitely blows the doors off any built in keyer in 7. It's even better than Keylight in certain situations. Better than any built in keyer I've ever used. You must be holding it wrong."

Got to agree with that. There's a lot more to the FCPX keyer than meets the eye and (like most everything) you really need to read the manual, watch some tutorials and practice to make the most of it. Once you've mastered it, there's very little better.

If you do need something above and beyond the built in keyer then I can highly recommend EggScreen Pro from http://www.redeggproductions.com. It has a whole learning curve all of it's own but the results can be spectacular.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:45:45 pm

[Nikolas Bäurle]"The stabilizer is in the inspector. Its not a seperate effect."

Thanks,
Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]