FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a good keyframable mask for FCPX!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shea A.J. Comfort
I need a good keyframable mask for FCPX!
on Jun 13, 2013 at 9:43:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a situation where I need to animate a complex mask and need a good solution. The included mask in FCPX is a joke. I have been using Alex4D's 16 point mask (really great), but you can't keyframe individual points with this. I did a search on the web and found "Slice X" by a company called Core Melt. It seems this is the way to go, but I would like to get anyone's suggestions or experiences working with this or something else before getting something.

Any info is appreciated, Thank you all in advance.

~Shea A.J. Comfort

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: I need a good keyframable mask for FCPX!
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:24:22 pm

I highly recommend SliceX. I use the version with Mocha and it came in extremely handy on my last job.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:27:33 pm

SliceX works really well, and you get the hang of it quickly, its really easy. You could also use Motion 5, it is a lot cheaper SliceX but you would have to do it manually.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 14, 2013 at 12:08:35 pm

Slice X with mocha will likely track the matte for you and you won't have to keyframe it. Search around. I got it for $99 somewhere.

Return to posts index

Shea A.J. Comfort
on Jun 14, 2013 at 7:33:24 pm

Thanks Everyone for the endorsements, I just picked up Slice-X with Mocha. However, the auto tracking did not work in this case for me because of the problems with the original shot (I.E.: my own fault! Had one of those moments... had someone grab an extension cord during an involved green screen shoot - did not catch that it was also green until editing...yep, that just happened). But, the ability to keyframe objects easily is still great with Slice-X, and saved this session.

Thank you all for the help.

~Shea

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]