FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody else getting the 1 frame trim bug again?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Neil
Anybody else getting the 1 frame trim bug again?
on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:50:56 pm

I just started my first project since upgrading to 10.0.8 and I was laying in my audio tracks first using my usual method:

I scrub my audio track, sent IN/OUT and hit W to insert into the timeline.

However, I'm finding that when I do this, FCP actually inserts the clip one frame behind it's actual location on the timeline.

Example:

Here is my timeline, zoomed in. The playhead is set at the edit point of a clip and piece of filler. You can clearly see the frame marker sitting on the first frame of the filler. I get to this spot by using the up/down arrows to jump to edit points. I'll also say that scrubbing is off to prevent a hovering scrub bar from commandeering the insert.

Here I've just inserted a new clip. Instead of inserting at the edit point where the playhead is, it inserts the clip one frame earlier, shaving a frame off the previous clip. Now if you're zoomed out and inserting multiple clips over the course of a few minutes (as I do when cutting in narration), you don't notice that you've ended up with a bunch of orphaned 1 frame clips at the end of your timeline.

I'd seen this problem before, in one of the earlier versions of FCPX, but forget if there was a solution to the problem or not. If I'm the only one with this issue, I'll reinstall, but wanted to check around before I deal with that headache. I've already attempted to trash my preferences, but it did no good.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Kyle Bass
Re: Anybody else getting the 1 frame trim bug again?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:25:26 am

I have noticed this as well. It's easily fixed and I don't encounter it on every edit, but it is annoying.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27:03 am

What's the fix? Start a new project? Reinstall?

Andy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:56:20 am

Does this only happen with audio clips in the primary?

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Jun 13, 2013 at 3:01:57 am

I was getting this with video in the primary. Only the way it occured for me is that I would set and in and then an out point on the primary clip. As soon as I hit "O" it would change the range to 1 frame.

The only way I could get it to stop it's nonsense was to zoom in fairly close to the range. If I was zoomed out to fit the timeline (shift-z) then it always occurred. *Very* frustating.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 13, 2013 at 5:38:40 am

I've seen it in the past with video, but when I checked it tonight, I was only getting it with the audio for now. I'm not sure what that means though. Maybe it's a weird, intermittent bug.

I think my next fix will be to create a new project and see if it goes away. I'll try that before reinstalling and wasting half my day. This stuff never happens when I'm not on a deadline.

Andy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:27:51 pm

I wonder if this is some sort of subframe error.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26:05 pm

On a recent project I was having an issue where I couldn't get two video clips that were stacked to end on the same frame. It was like they were offset from each other by half a frame. I kept fooling with it and it finally went away but it was weird. Wonder if it's related because I've seen the OP's problem sometimes also. It seems to resolve itself eventually but it can be annoying.

anickt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]