FORUMS: list search recent posts

One 'poster frame' in Filmstrip view in Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon smitherton
One 'poster frame' in Filmstrip view in Timeline
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:44:11 am

Hi,

Cutting a multicam music video and am having trouble seeing where my cuts are due to the filmstrip.
I'd just like to see one like FCP7 does...

The 'Show Fewer Filmstrip Frames Command-Shift-Comma (,)' doesn't seem to work in the timeline.

Cheers,
Jon.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: One 'poster frame' in Filmstrip view in Timeline
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:52:27 pm

Ditto. I never used filmstrip view in 7. While we're at it, can we have a simple thumnail added to list view in the event? Since there's no scrubber bar in the event viewer (oh, can we please have that too?) I'm forced to generally use list view. But with todays file names, it's annoying to have to keep clicking on the thumbnail less files to see if it's the interview I'm looking for. Yes, I know I could rename them, etc. But I shouldn't have to. In a keyword collection I may only have 10 clips. A few interviews and a couple broll bits. I don't need to rename them. I just need to SEE a thumbnail and I'd instantly have a visual that is immensely faster than reading a list. Certainly Apple recongnizes this or they wouldn't be so filmstrip crazy in the first place. So I'm forced to go to filmstrip/thumbnail view to pick the clip, then to list view to actually pick some in and outs. If they added a scrubber in the event viewer it would solve my problem. It's very annoying to scrub on my left screen, while watching on my right screen. (I have events on 2nd monitor)

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: One 'poster frame' in Filmstrip view in Timeline
on Jun 12, 2013 at 8:44:49 pm

What Bret is saying is that what you ask isn't possible currently. Be sure to fill out a Feature Request under the "Provide FCP Feedback" selection in the FCP menu. I'm sure Apple would love to hear from people other than me about the single thumbnail display.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]