FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still images instead of moving clips when importing from 7toX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Inden
Still images instead of moving clips when importing from 7toX
on Jun 5, 2013 at 6:23:21 pm

I just exported several sequences of finished projects (via XML) from FCP7 into FCPX using "7toX".

These projects used P2 footage (transcoded to 1080P Quicktime format) without any problems in FCP7.

I opened the sequences in FCPX and the Quicktime clips are now only still images. When I check the original media they are still QT files and they play just fine if viewed with a player.

I tried to manually relink the original media to the clips on the timeline, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joel

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Still images instead of moving clips when importing from 7toX
on Jun 5, 2013 at 7:11:44 pm

This sounds like a frame rate problem.

Be sure to contact Intelligent Assistance about it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:55:20 am

I have this exact same problem, did you have any success Joel?
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 25, 2013 at 3:19:16 pm

I would contact Intelligent Assistance.

This sounds like a frame rate problem. Sometimes, the math can be a little off and the frame rate is just different enough that FCPX gets it wrong.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:08:15 pm

Yes thanks Jeremy, i saw your reply already to Joel, i tried a few workaround ideas to do with the frame rate, but no success. I have emailed Intelligent Assistance, ten hours later, Im still waiting for a response.
If anybody has some other ideas, that'd be great?!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:32:27 pm

[Justin Wonsly] "Yes thanks Jeremy, i saw your reply already to Joel, i tried a few workaround ideas to do with the frame rate, but no success. "

Yes, this makes sense as it probably has to do with the translation of the material (something that intelligent assistance would have to fix).

I am not sure of any other work arounds.

What is the source of your footage in FCP7?

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Jun 28, 2013 at 3:31:55 am

Thanks Joel,
the bad news is - when i said 'exact same problem' - i failed to mention that its the same only, my footage was shot on a cannon 5D DSLR.????

i did get an email back from the developers, but they want me to send them large files so i've put it off because i have limited data, i guess i will get onto it now tho.
thanks again all.

Return to posts index

Joel Inden
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:41:39 pm

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I had a great series of emails with the developers and they said they had never run into this issue. They also said it would take some back and forth if I wanted to help them develop a solution to the problem. (I am making a long story short)

Anyway, I am planning on moving away from the Panasonic P2 camera to a DSLR so to me (and to them) it does not seem to be worth the effort to solve the problem.

We do know what the issue is though. It has to do with shooting 720P 24PN at 60FPS. I like to do that and then speed ramp in post, or just use the slow motion footage as is. So it has to do with the odd Native 24FPS frame rate and then over cranking to 60FPS. 7toX has not been programmed to deal with it.

I will say, the developers were VERY helpful, friendly and quick to respond. It just made sense to both of us to leave it as is and I will re-cut the segments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]