FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having Trouble with MP3 Audio Drift

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trent Slabaugh
Having Trouble with MP3 Audio Drift
on Jun 1, 2013 at 9:09:15 pm

I'm currently editing a dance recital where I'm supposed to sync the audio from the video with the music tracks used during the performance (via MP3 format). However, the MP3's keep drifting out of sync, even when I've converted them to AIFF format and the corresponding sample rate (48 kHz). I've tried using the clip syncing feature in the software-which did work once before, but not anymore. This project is going to be due soon, so I need to come up with a solution to this ASAP. Is there anything I can do to get the MP3's to sync properly?

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Having Trouble with MP3 Audio Drift
on Jun 2, 2013 at 1:30:47 am

Kinda depends on what sort of gear the MP3 recordings was made. The sync may simply be baked in due to lack of proper timecode. So the fix, unfortunately is manual. Sync at the start manually. Then play along until it's noticeably out of sync, make a blade cut in the audio track and resync that portion. Keep doing it until it looks in sync from start to finish.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Having Trouble with MP3 Audio Drift
on Jun 2, 2013 at 4:13:43 pm

Match up the start point of the audio clip and the video clip and then re-time the video to the length of the audio track. Since drift is usually fairly linear this will typically work and can be done fairly quickly. If you have one continuous track of audio and one of video of the entire event try it on that. I have done this many times successfully.

anickt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]