FORUMS: list search recent posts

Realistic grain effect in Final Cut Pro X problem not covering entire area evenly...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Vanderpoel
Realistic grain effect in Final Cut Pro X problem not covering entire area evenly...
on May 27, 2013 at 9:49:36 pm

Using the Realistic Grain effect from Final Cut Pro X effects looks great and covers the entire area on a 2028x1024 (RED)frame, except it leaves a band on each side of the rendered frame that is a stop lighter.
I don't have that problem with the Aged Film effect, which also produces grain covering the entire area without such banding.
I wonder if any of you have run in this problem before and/or know of a solution? Much appreciated,
Thx,
Fred

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Realistic grain effect in Final Cut Pro X problem not covering entire area evenly...
on May 28, 2013 at 3:48:42 am

Can you post a full resolution still of that?

Return to posts index

Fred Vanderpoel
Re: Realistic grain effect in Final Cut Pro X problem not covering entire area evenly...
on May 28, 2013 at 3:16:50 pm

I'm on it!
Thx,
Fred

Return to posts index

Fred Vanderpoel
on May 28, 2013 at 11:22:33 pm

Hi James, I posted a clip here: http://reels.creativecow.net/film/red-clip

Return to posts index

James Cude
on May 29, 2013 at 11:09:15 pm

Can you show what your timeline looks like there- it's possible the aspect ratio of your RED clips is mismatched with that effect somehow.

Return to posts index

Fred Vanderpoel
on May 30, 2013 at 1:11:32 pm

My timeline is set for 1440x1080, combining various imports at that size and at 2048x1024. The grain effect covers everything up to 1440x1080, but not the extra width for the larger imports.
I suspect that when the timeline is set at 1440x1080 the effect only covers that size. I'll try starting another timeline at 2048x1024 to see if the applied effect covers the entire area. I'll post the result.
Thx,
Fred

Return to posts index

Fred Vanderpoel
on May 30, 2013 at 3:17:30 pm

Well, that was interesting, the effects filters apparently cover only the format specified in the timeline. When I applied the grain effect to a frame on a 2048x1024 timeline it covers the entire area just fine, that same 2048x1024 frame imported onto a 1480x1040 timeline does not cover the entire frame. Problem solved.
Thx, James!
Fred

Return to posts index

James Cude
on May 30, 2013 at 8:14:32 pm

Right on- glad to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]