FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio glitching with Multi-cam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Audio glitching with Multi-cam
on May 25, 2013 at 4:22:09 am

This doesn't happen all the time, but its happened twice now and I can't figure out why. Basically I have a multi clip and every time there's a cut the audio sounds like its switching to a different camera but it isn't. I'm basically forced to mute all clips and drag one long audio track underneath. Any guesses as to what I'm overlooking?

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Audio glitching with Multi-cam
on May 25, 2013 at 4:40:43 am

It's happened to me once or twice too. There's been a couple threads about it, I don't recall anyone ever recovering the glitched multiclip. The only solution I've ever come to was to delete the multicam clip and create a new one, which doesn't glitch.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on May 26, 2013 at 8:15:10 am

I wonder if it's possible that you had a bit of a fade on your clip that got duplicated every time you added an edit by switching the shot?

Does anything happen when you select your clips and go into the inspector and reset the audio volume?

Personally, I think Apple needs to come up with a new paradigm for multicam editing concerning the audio.

I've noticed that when I switch cameras, that each new clip contains all of the audio keyframes that I've made up to that point, but it's a wholly separate version of the keyframes.

Let's say I have 100 audio keyframes on a multiclip, and I switch cameras. The new clip after the edit I just made has all the keyframes if I expand the clip and roll out the audio, however if I add a few more keyframe on the new clip after the edit, these aren't reflected in the clip before the edit.

It makes sense that we should be able to edit the audio separately from the video for multicam clips without breaking apart the audio or extend the audio on the first cut and remove the audio from the following clips. Adding audio edits every time I make a video edit doesn't seem like the best way to handle it, IMHO

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 12, 2013 at 11:10:13 pm

[Mark Morache] "I wonder if it's possible that you had a bit of a fade on your clip that got duplicated every time you added an edit by switching the shot?"

Mark, you are right!

I just posted over on another thread for reference to others who have the same problem-

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/13762#20994

[David Eaks] "I just had this problem again. This time I figured it out, at least in this case.

It was the clips in point at each angle-switch having a fade in with the little audio fade handle. Must have been from pasting volume attributes and the initial clip I copied had a fade in. Funny thing is that with the audio expanded, the fade handle is missing and there does not appear to be a fade in at all. Until you trim it a little, select the in point of the expanded audio and nudge it one frame then back and watch the fade in appear/disappear (even though it VISUALLY disappears, you can still HEAR it).

I just removed the fade from a clip and pasted its volume attributes to the rest. Fortunately I did most of my audio work in the angle editor. After a short moment of panic, everything is back to normal."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]