FORUMS: list search recent posts

scrolling credits title too fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Brown
scrolling credits title too fast
on May 24, 2013 at 2:49:16 am

is there anyway to adjust the speed of the scrolling credits included in FCPX? I don't want to buy a plugin because eventually I will replace with custom scroll, but I would like to have a place holder now. Unfortunately it scrolls at lightspeed.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brandon Cordy
Re: scrolling credits title too fast
on May 24, 2013 at 4:22:03 am

The Scrolling titles' speed is determined by the length of the generator on the timeline. The longer the duration of the generator, the shorter the titles scroll. Drag the generator out so that it runs longer (across the entire length of the time you want it onscreen) and see if that works for your edit.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on May 24, 2013 at 5:07:11 am

perfect, thanks :)

Return to posts index

Kyle Bass
on May 24, 2013 at 5:18:49 am

I highly recommend Manifesto for this. It's a free generator that's included with FxFactory. It works great for simple credits.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on May 24, 2013 at 4:38:36 pm

Ripple Training's Ripple Tools 2 also has a nice-looking title crawl in their new plug in. It's on sale for $29. I haven't bought it yet but there stuff is generally terrific.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 25, 2013 at 6:02:44 pm

do scrolling credit also take longer to render than most other effects? I'm asking cause it takes longer on my system.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 25, 2013 at 7:55:15 pm

Kinda makes sense when you think about it.

With scrolling credits, every frame of the clip will have new data to calculate related to the position of the title against the background.

If the system for doing that just supers text over the picture it's easy. But when you get into quality systems that can do stuff like cast shadows ONTO the background scene it's NOT so simple.

The program has to calculate the transparency values of all the pixels as those shadows move over whatever is happening in the underlying video.

Remember, X is built on a very precise calculation (32bit floating point math) system. So when you ask it to calculate subtle shadows on streams of type drifting over a changing field, it's will start crunching the numbers to do that as well as it can.

Thankfully, modern computers are so unimaginably fast at math that it seems like a simple task.

But I don't think that underneath it all, its all that simple really.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]