FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archiving multiple projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Davis
Archiving multiple projects?
on May 20, 2013 at 1:25:17 pm

I'm wrapping up a pretty sizable job, and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on best practices for archiving.

The Project Library for this job contains around 15 broadcast promos, and they are all based on the same pool of media in one event. Essentially we created a master sequence and then "versioned" it out with different end pages, tune-in information, etc. Now I want to archive the whole thing to LTO. All the tutorials I have come across are helpful to a certain degree, but they all assume that you only want to archive ONE project. Not too helpful in my case.

I have considered creating one "master" project and pasting all the other timelines into that, or possibly turning each project into a compound clip and archiving just the Event media. Does anyone have any other plans of attack?

Thanks in advance, as always.

Bill

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
Re: Archiving multiple projects?
on May 20, 2013 at 6:38:02 pm

For the feature film I am editing I back up in this manner:

I have all the media in 3 events. I have multiple projects.

On a backup drive I keep a copy of the "Final Cut Events" folder and a copy of the "Final Cut Projects" folder. I tend to just keep one copy of the events folder and multiple, dated copies of the projects folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]