FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this a bug or something I'm missing?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacqueline Nauman
Is this a bug or something I'm missing?
on May 19, 2013 at 8:07:51 pm

My timeline is set to spatial conform FILL. I'm working with all the footage conformed this way because the camera people supplied us with the wrong format so I need to make it square with no letterbox. I've laid down a lot of titles and graphics. I want to imitate a name title from a prior segment of the same clip, so I copy the first one and paste to the next area and change the title name. Sometimes when I do this, the spatial conform reverts the picture back to the original format even though the SC is set to Fill. Changing it between fit or fill or none does nothing. I have to then find the original footage (with the proper FILL set) and recut it back into my timeline to fix the problem. Is it something I'm doing wrong? This workaround is taking time away from getting my project done.

MAC: 2 x 2.8 Quad Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 6GB 800 MHZ DDR2 FB-DIMM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
Final Cut Pro 10.0.8

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Is this a bug or something I'm missing?
on May 19, 2013 at 10:14:38 pm

How about avoiding the spatial conform option all together and doing the resizing manually? Utilizing the timeline index should make quick work of it.

Not a very elegant solution, I know.

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Nauman
on May 20, 2013 at 1:59:27 am

Guess that may be the only way but I'm forced to also do the camera moves, color correct and enhance the audio because the camera crew was so lame. Hope that so many effects on such a long piece of video doesn't cause me to have to wait for the renders...something I thought I was getting away from by upgrading from FCP7! Argh!!

Final Cut Pro 10.0.8

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 20, 2013 at 2:45:04 am

I am unable to reproduce the problem on either 10.0.7 or 10.0.8. Using 1920x1080 clips on a 4:3 SD timeline, spatial conform set to fill or none. Then copy/pasting or option-dragging and changing the text of a basic title like a mad man.

Do I have that test right? Pasting a title as a connected clip sometimes reverts the spatial conform setting of the clip in the primary storyline?

FWIW we are on the exact same hardware but I have 16GB RAM and this system is still on OS X 10.8.2 and FCPX 10.0.7.

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Nauman
on May 20, 2013 at 2:56:35 am

Yes, David. That's exactly what I'm doing. This is either a bug in FCP 10.0.8 or a setting I'm missing. It happens even when I've rendered out the entire project. The result is not constant....sometimes it happens but not every time and I do this the exact same way each time. I do have color correction on the clip but even rendering it, doesn't fix the issue. After my initial post, I tried to do an audio enhancement to the clip and it happened again so I undid the audio fix and it reverted back to the aspect I wanted. I've decided to back off any audio fixing for now. I have since done 3 other titles and it's working as it should, but I have yet another 1-hour segment to start tomorrow with titles and I expect this will happen again for those.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 20, 2013 at 3:00:12 am

Are setting the SC in the timeline or in the event browser?

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Nauman
on May 20, 2013 at 4:18:01 am

Both.

Final Cut Pro 10.0.8

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on May 20, 2013 at 6:54:47 am

If I understood the problem correctly, at this stage I would save the original title (with correct ratio) going through Motion. Then apply it from the effects browser rather than copy-paste. Maybe worth a try ?

Patrice

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Nauman
on May 20, 2013 at 2:28:38 pm

Ya. I think that's my next workaround. Thanks.

Final Cut Pro 10.0.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]