FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp x audio mixing technique: updates and thoughts?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon Bloomberg
Fcp x audio mixing technique: updates and thoughts?
on May 19, 2013 at 4:22:42 pm

Hello,

I'm referring here to Jim Giberti's post from 2011

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/18954

I just read it, understood it and it's great. I'm working on a pretty long piece that will be over an hour so I just wanted to use this post to bump up Jim's and perhaps get some thoughts on how to manage audio and finishing such a long piece in the best way.

None of my audio is synched (no actors or talking heads). I'm organised now on a primary storyline that is composed of Compound clipped "scenes" just bumping into each other. However throughout the work the same "characters" voices come back over and over again so there is definitely the feeling that I could benefit from creating distinct CC's for each character (they only exist as voices, no visual representation of people) that can be adjusted sonically as a single object.

In the next couple of days i'll be finished assembling everything and move to a more granular cut, reorganising the film. So that's a good time to reorganise the workflow.

Any ideas are welcome and I'll update this with what i come up with.

And again, thanks to Jim, Jeremy, David, Bill, erm... and everyone else ... for that excellent thread.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]