FORUMS: list search recent posts

multi monitors with fcpx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
multi monitors with fcpx
on May 18, 2013 at 5:40:43 pm

Can i have 3 monitors with fcpx. 2 for extended display (monitir 1 for timeline nd program monitor 2 for bin ) monitor 3 for a program window only.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: multi monitors with fcpx
on May 18, 2013 at 10:26:36 pm

[Ricardo Marty] "Can i have 3 monitors with fcpx. 2 for extended display (monitir 1 for timeline nd program monitor 2 for bin ) monitor 3 for a program window only."

Yes, with caveat. What Mac are you coming out of? Normal or thunderbolt displays? I'm doing this with a new iMac, second monitor (non t-bolt) and a blackmagic ultra studio mini monitor box feeding a HDTV. Works fine. With t-bolt monitors you could probably have a 3 monitor extended desktop, though there's some voodoo involved in telling X (or any other apps for that matter) which display is which.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 18, 2013 at 11:24:08 pm

Im not on a mack yet. Im using adobe with this setup ad tinking of migrating to a mac and useing paralell for adobe and give fcpx and motion a try. I might even build a hackingtosh just to to try this. I need at leat 3 displays. (it wont have thunderbolt)

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on May 19, 2013 at 12:13:18 am

[Ricardo Marty] " I need at leat 3 displays. (it wont have thunderbolt)"

Well, as long as you have enough display card/GPU monitor outs, it should work. Anyone with a hackintosh want to chime in?

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Chris Lehmann
on May 20, 2013 at 4:24:10 pm

I have a Mac Pro with three screens connected to 2 Mini DisplayPorts and 1 dual-link DVI. Currently the options in FCPX allow you to move the library OR the viewers to the second display. The timeline and whatever is not set to the second display stays on the main display. As far as I know there is no way to utilize the third display with this configuration.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 21, 2013 at 4:46:58 pm

I believe this is correct. FCP X only supports 2 displays max.

And you can't have more than one graphics card installed in a mac with FCP X. Apple has confirmed that.

If you want your program on a third monitor, you need to get a cheap intensity pro (pcie) or a cheap thunderbolt option. Both are cheaper than a third graphics card, and do the job correctly, unlike display cards. They don't show video correctly.

Return to posts index

Robin Kress
on May 11, 2014 at 11:34:43 am

I have 2009 Mac Pro 8 core and have two 23" Apple Cinema displays connected.
I also have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro HDMI card installed. What do i do if i want to connect my HDTV with my Mac as well? I used to be able to use my two displays and my HDTV with FCP 7, but i am now using fcp x 10.1.1.

Is there any way to do this with FCP X or directly through OSX ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]