FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Colour Correction Tips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Bayliss-Smith
Basic Colour Correction Tips
on May 17, 2013 at 8:43:33 am

Hi I've obviously got a lot to learn but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or links to good colour correcting tutorials. In FCP7 I used to just fiddle with the white balance colour wheels and found it fairly easy to achieve what I wanted. In X it all looks so unnatural especially using its own match colour feature or just hitting automatic correct colour . Does anyone else think it's not as good? Any tips for quick basic colour correction,

Cheers

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Basic Colour Correction Tips
on May 17, 2013 at 11:36:03 am

ColorGradingCentral has an excellent set of FREE FCPX Color Grading Tutorials.
http://www.colorgradingcentral.com/final-cut-pro-x-color-grading-table-of-c...

Return to posts index

Brandon Cordy
on May 17, 2013 at 2:46:42 pm

If you want to stick with white balancing in FCPX, Alex4d has a free color balance plugin, plus a few other color correction plugins as well:

http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/11-colour-fcpx-filters/

I find these work better for me when I'm trying to do more intermediate-level color balancing. FCPX's color table can handle the easy tasks; the more difficult onces are probably best handled in something like Resolve.

That being said, I have used these Alex 4d plugins to try and resurrect some very distressed looking footage shot on DV cam, and the results were more than acceptable.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 17, 2013 at 3:30:55 pm

For white balance, first try the balance color function. If there's something white or neutral grey it usually works.

Slice x with mocha is on sale at tool farm for $99. That combined with the color correction tools in X give you a mini resolve suite. You can track specific areas and either color them with slice x or the color board.

Return to posts index

Fito Benitez
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:44:45 pm

Or if u are totally useless with color correction like me, you can choose one of the presets that are located on the down right side of the color adjustment window. Check the pic! Unfortunately my screenshot software did not allow me to keep the menu open so u can see the drop-down list with all the presets, but there's more than 10. In my case, i forgot to do white balance before shooting the video, and it came all blue. Since I am neglected (I said that already), I added the Artificial Light preset, and adjusted midtones in exposure. Looking a lot better :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]