FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX crashes with GT card but not with slower GFX card...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Borges
FCPX crashes with GT card but not with slower GFX card...
on May 16, 2013 at 3:50:37 pm

This has been affecting me for a while now and not even apple can find out why this is happening.
I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
I'm editing FCPX and it crashes and seizes up my system when I try to edit using the GT card in my 17" MBP. This problem does NOT happen when I use the standard GFX card, but FCPX runs really sluggish because of it's half as strong as the GT card.
I've had it in for service several times and they find nothing, yet it always kills the system.
This is the error I get once I restart FCPX:

It says this for the local drive as well as my external edit drive.
It's basically telling me that my edit drive is being used my another user (actually it's me, the only user logged in), and I need to quit FCPX in the "other" location in order to use the drive myself. Also the second I try to access any information on the edit drive after that point makes the system lock up and I have to hard reset by holding down the power, nothing else let's me out of the frozen state. I'd appreciate any insight anyone might come up with. This is truly frustrating and I really hope I can get this corrected.
I even upgraded my OS to 10.8 and the issue persists.

I troubleshot this with Apple and sent in crash reports, etc. they had no idea and couldn't even reproduce the problem. Probably because they just run their bench tests and don't actually "use" it the way I would use it as an editor.
Apple says all my hardware is in tact and passes all tests.
Any insight or help would be appreciated. At this point I might be willing to give out a prize to whoever can come up with a solution to this issue.

Here are my specs:

17" MBP, mid-2009,
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3,
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, & NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
OS X 10.8.3

FYI, I've run disk utility several times, zapped the Pram, which I don't think is doing anything. I even logged in as another user and tried running FCPX without any 3rd party plugs or anything & still this keeps happening.
I'm really open to any suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]