FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ken Burns zoom

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Gold
Ken Burns zoom
on May 15, 2013 at 11:51:03 pm

I'm having an issue with the effect for zooming in as the beginning and the end stop. I know that this is normally how the effect works but is there any way to tweak it? Meaning is there any way to make it so it does not stop at the end for a second before going into the next edited clip? To me this looks amateurish and I'm curious if there is a way to zoom and not have it stop at the end?

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Ken Burns zoom
on May 16, 2013 at 1:57:45 am

I'll echo this. I'm also finding that the easing options leave a lot to be desired.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on May 16, 2013 at 2:23:00 am

Compound clip is the solution, also a good way to trim or cut generators without affecting the speed.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 16, 2013 at 4:53:44 am

Use the crop tool. It functions almost exactly like ken burns, except there is no easing.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on May 16, 2013 at 6:34:45 am

I can really recommend a plugin produced by FCPEffects called 'Quick and Easy Ken Burns'

It is a real timesaver and it is possible to totally control the parameters of the zoom with Start scale and End scale controls and also start delay and end early controls.

There is a demo video through this link - and I am in no way connected with this company

http://www.fcpeffects.com/collections/new-stuff/products/quick-easy-ken-bur...

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on May 16, 2013 at 2:21:05 am

The Ken burns starts and stops like that by default, there's no way to change that. It is a specific type of animation that works very well in news and documentary when you need a "classical" movement and it gives you a straight zoom no matter what format you image is.

The way to trim the ken burns zoom would be to apply it to the clip and make a compound from it. Then you can trim or cut the compound clip.

Nik

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]