FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Craig
Exporting Issue
on May 14, 2013 at 8:41:17 pm

So I finished editing my project, tried to upload it but I get that damn "still referencing media on camera" pop up. So I used the "Reimporting from Camera/Archive" feature but still couldn't export. Then I tried to transcode the media to create Create optimized media but still couldn't export. I trashed my rendered files., still couldn't export. I'm out of options.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Exporting Issue
on May 14, 2013 at 9:16:15 pm

Can you export at all?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Jay Craig
on May 14, 2013 at 9:30:22 pm

No the share section is all greyed out

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 14, 2013 at 11:13:45 pm

I faced this on some of the footage I brought back from NAB. Particularly one of the longer interviews I did from the show floor.

Eventually I noticed that the project I was working on was a long compound clip where I'd married the double system audio from my H4n to a video clip that I'd shot on my DSLR. But in reviewing the clip, I noticed that the compound had 3 minutes of video attached to about 5 minutes of audio where I'd let the H4n run after I shut off the DSLR shot.

I don't think that caused the problem because I've done that before without issue - but somehow - and I don't have a clue about whether it was the original video file, or the audio file, or the compound that I created from them - a corrupt "end of file" marker got created so that X trying to process the clip resulted in an internal failure.

Essentially, the clip would import - I could range it, tag it, edit with it, - but every time I tried to Share any project that contained that clip, X would NOT see it as a complete project and my Share options would be greyed out for that Project.

The solution was to go back to the BAD clip and export a new RANGE (with a good END marker) and reimport and replace the damaged clip with that.

Anyway, that solved the problem for me.

I was lucky because with just a few master clips, identifying the corrupt one was pretty easy. If you've got a bad clip among a lot of others, you may need to do the traditional problem finding process of copying and deleting the first half - then the last half of your timeline to narrow down where the problem is. And work that way to ID what's bad.

It's also possible that what I experienced (greyed share menu) can also be caused by other incomplete links to clips - so it may be something like unfinished calculations or other problems different from my "bad clip" but that's how it worked out for me.

But that's what I finally figured out as a cure.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jay Craig
on May 15, 2013 at 4:29:55 am

I started working. I had to re-import the media files again.

I'm not sure why it did that but thx

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 15, 2013 at 5:53:07 am

It *might* have simply been that X was processing stuff behind the scenes and wan't done.

Often with X, patience and allowing the software to calculate in peace for a while will solve issues.

Honestly, some times I just go have lunch or knock off until the next day leaving my system open to process and render - and when I come back, stuff that wasn't working before IS working.

As I've often noted, just because X does a LOT of stuff instantly, doesn't mean it's ready to do everything instantly.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]