FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying effects to multi-cam audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Grover
Applying effects to multi-cam audio
on May 12, 2013 at 1:32:09 pm

Hi All, been quite a while since I've been on here!!

Anyways.. I'm currently working on a multi cam edit, thus far, all been pretty simple, I've done all my edits and now I'm coming on to doing some basic audio work, and this is where I've encountered a problem.

The setup is as follows.

2x Presenter multicam 'studio' links.
3x cameras, the presenter's lav mics recorded onto one of the cameras, in this case one of the closeup cams (an EX3) as the wide was 7D, that and the other C/U are recording top-mic ref audio.
That angle is locked as the audio for the edit and I've then switched picture angles as appropriate.

I've gone to apply a Compressor from my effects pallet to the clip, but I can't see it appear anywhere in my inspector, to adjust the values.

1st time I dropped the compressor onto the clip on my main storyline, selected the clip (on the storyline the range picked was between angle changes), but nothing showed in the inspector under the Effects heading.

I've since opened the clip in the Angle Editor and tried dropping onto the active audio angle, still nothing shows up.

Through a bit of experimenting in a separate temp edit, I know that effects are applied to the clip, as I dropped on the "Robot" effect (as it has an immediately obvious effect), and this worked, the audio was effected on the track as expected, but still nothing showed up in under the Effects heading in the inspector?!?

Am I missing something? Or is this an issue and is there a workaround, without me having to start from scratch (which would suck), or ideally without having to export the edits and re-import as flat clips as I'd like to option of being able to do any final fine edits with multicam intact.

Thanks

Matt

Matt Grover - Freelance Camera Operator
+44 (0)7710 776 767
http://www.mattgrover.me.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]