FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch render projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael W. Towe
Batch render projects
on May 8, 2013 at 8:54:06 pm

So I have 8 half hour shows in separate projects that need to render. Is there any way to tell X to render all the projects as a batch? As of now I am having to open each project, let it render and then open the next. Not to conducive to overnight renders.

Thanks,

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Batch render projects
on May 8, 2013 at 9:39:29 pm

Nope. But you can tell it to output them all. Not at once, but you can tell it to export each one and it will cue them all up. You can then view the progress in the sharing monitor. Supposedly it actually renders faster this way, but your renders won't be saved. They're just rendered as they export.

At least you won't have to babysit.

Return to posts index

Michael W. Towe
on May 8, 2013 at 10:00:41 pm

Yep, I have done the cue up of the export before, was just hoping for a way to batch render the projects. Thanks for the reply!!

Off to Apple to make a feature request,

Mike

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 9, 2013 at 2:23:29 am

Yes please. Batch exporting as well (since we all seem to batch so much around here).

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
on May 9, 2013 at 2:01:49 pm

Glad I read this thread. Until now, I was under the impression I had to wait for one project to finish before using Share for another.

Russ

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 9, 2013 at 2:22:18 pm

Nope. It just cues them up. But however, although it doesn't say "pause" in the share monitor, it's pretty obvious it does pause output while you're editing in the timeline. So if you're in a hurry to output, best to cue them up and leave them be for fastest output.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 9, 2013 at 3:54:53 pm

[Russ Haskell] "Glad I read this thread. Until now, I was under the impression I had to wait for one project to finish before using Share for another."

YOu can even go one further and cue a Project up for Share, go back to that same Project, make a change, and then cue THAT version up to Share. The first version remains unchanged, the second share has the changes.

If you ever do spots that need specific tags at the end, it's easy to setup an Audition clip with the appropriate tag, then Share, switch the Audition clip to the next tag and Share, next tag and Share.

This keeps everything in one Project so it's easy to manipulate.

I find it to be very useful, but Brett is right, at some point it is best to take your hands off and let the computer get to work.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]