FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best workflow for GOPRO slowmotion MP4 clips to FCP 2013

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Axelo Eeaman
Best workflow for GOPRO slowmotion MP4 clips to FCP 2013
on May 7, 2013 at 7:38:51 pm

Hi, I want to know what kind of workflow you guys have for H.264 MP4 files with framrates like 50/s or 100/s?

I have used cinematools for batch conform with .mov files, I have also used MPEG streamclip for transcoding and i have used GOPROs own GOPRO cineform studio program and at last íve also used the options to conform inside FCPX when the clip is on the timeline.

Which one of these option would be the best?

The way I see it there are at least two ways to go.
Conform all clips with MPEG streamclip to Appe proress and the process batch process them with cinema tools. This however is time consuming and creates large files and also is done before you ever open FCPX, so that you never can use the keywords system or the part where you "favourite" only certain parts of a clip.

The other way to go is to import all files into your folder structure with FCPX and look att each one othe clips, reject and favourite parts that you like and so on. The sad part is that here you wont see the real slowmotion if you dont drag each clip to the timeline and conform the speed. However, after you have done your keywords and rejections you can transcode all the parts that you like. Here you only process the clips that youve liked.

Maybe the GOPRO application can fit into some workflow to?

Anyways, please tell me what you guys think is the best way in general to import and eventually get things into your timeline.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Best workflow for GOPRO slowmotion MP4 clips to FCP 2013
on May 8, 2013 at 6:52:37 pm

Search results: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/16587

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]