FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Morache
Export problem
on May 6, 2013 at 3:01:41 am

Are we all agreed this is a problem with the latest build of FCPX?? I can't export anything that has rendered files in it.

This is annoying the crap out of me. Either I wait forever for the export, or I risk having the export fail if I render things in the timeline before exporting.

Any better workflow??

Anyone try timeline rendering in a different codec (I've only used prores 4:2:2)?

Perhaps a quick export to prores 4:2:2 with my rendered timeline will help me quickly identify the bad frames. If there are more than 1 or 2, this workflow seems just as annoying.

Has Apple said anything about this.

Thanks for listening.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Export problem
on May 6, 2013 at 5:13:48 am

This is an issue for projects that were upgraded for 10.0.7 to 10.0.8, typically. Try creating a brand new project and paste your cut with no compound clips into that new one and see what happens.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 6, 2013 at 5:06:54 pm

I'm on 10.08 and just exported half a dozen 4 K clips with color adjustments and time remaps with out any issues.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on May 7, 2013 at 9:30:39 am

Yeah, but had you rendered clips in the timeline?

I continue to have the export error. It's always been when I've rendered footage in the timeline. FCP identifies the bad frame, and I look there, and see that something seems amiss. Usually, when I play the video, I see no problem, but when I go frame by frame in reverse, I see a black mis-rendered frame in there.

I often end up exporting clips more than once, and if effects are rendered in the timeline already, it exports much faster, and likewise if I export again, the pre-rendered part only needs transcoding.

I was editing a clip yesterday, and because of the effects and layers, it took 25 minutes to export a 3 minute clip. Normally I would render parts as I went along, so in the end it would only take a few minutes to transcode the final clip. I don't want to risk that anymore since I might get 3/4 the way through a clip and have the error show up, then I'm back to starting all over.

This seems to be a new problem with the software, and I'd sure like to know if Apple is aware of it, and that they're working on it.

And I've been working on many brand new projects since 10.0.8 came out, and I've had the same problem. I don't think it's limited to projects converted from 10.0.7 and earlier.

Thanks.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 7, 2013 at 12:54:30 pm

I dont see the same problem here. Like I said, a time line with 4K image sequences , color correct applied along with retiming- No issues exporting.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on May 7, 2013 at 3:18:21 pm

very similar problems here, although on projects updated from 10.0.7 - haven't tried new projects yet.

not sure how cutting and pasting into a new project would help -

out of interest, what OSX version are you on?

------

not sure the cut and paste suggestion would help on all but the simplest projects - surely this won't copy any/all plug-ins - will it?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 7, 2013 at 4:56:37 pm

Mark Morache, are you using multicam clips? I've talked to support and they said it might be an upgrade issue. The only projects/comps we have causing it are ones with multicam clips. Your solution of turning off background rendering, deleting render files, and trashing them seems to be the only thing that works.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on May 9, 2013 at 5:14:32 pm

I'm having the export error problem.
ERROR MESSAGE:
The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 831 (error -1).

This only happens when ramped speed changes are rendered. The error frame is 1 second before the speed change ramp starts in the clip. If I delete the render files it exports fine. This project was started in 10.7 and updated to 10.8. The footage is ProRes 422 1080 29.97i If I change the project to ProRes 422 1080 29.97p it exports fine rendered. The ramps are from 100% to 65% and from 400% to 100% to 350%.
I copied the footage to a new project and have the same problem.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Adobe CS6, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.2

Return to posts index

John Davidson
The current workaround
on May 9, 2013 at 6:12:54 pm

This is how you can get around it till it gets fixed.

1. When you're ready to export, go to preferences and turn off background rendering.
2. Quick FCXP
3. Go into your event AND project that you're working on and delete the 'renders' folders (they'll recreate themselves when you open again).
4. Empty the trash.
5. Re-open FCPX. Export.

That should fix it for now. I think a patch will come soon.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
Re: The current workaround
on May 9, 2013 at 7:50:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. BG rendering is always off. Can I use the "Delete Project Render Files" command?

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Adobe CS6, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Chris Hunziker
on May 18, 2013 at 6:56:00 pm

Just experienced the same error -1 share problem. So I did what you wrote. It is exporting at the moment, but isn't it supposed to be rending first? The orange lines (unrendered clips) are still there.
Is Apple aware of the problem?
Thanks for your input
Chris

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 18, 2013 at 7:31:28 pm

I've submitted tickets on it so I'm sure they're quite aware. There are also many Apple Discussion forum posts out there about it.

What you're doing when you delete the renders is forcing the program to rerender at the same time as you are exporting. I think the problem is that render files are getting corrupted and by blowing them away the program is starting fresh, so to speak.

Return to posts index

Chris Hunziker
on May 19, 2013 at 11:09:49 am

Thanks again, John
It was quite a long project, so it took some time to create a master file, but your workaround works well.
Of course I still hope, a 10.0.9 version will soon be available and solve the problem.

On another note: Is it advisable never to turn "render in background" on and only render the final product or even let FCPX render automatically while exporting?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 19, 2013 at 11:12:37 am

[Chris Hunziker] "On another note: Is it advisable never to turn "render in background" on and only render the final product or even let FCPX render automatically while exporting?
"

I normally keep background render on, this is just a little bug that I don't doubt will be patched up sooner rather than later. Even now, I can't seem to recreate the experience in a predictable way. It's just some weird bug.

Return to posts index

william Ridenour
on Jul 12, 2013 at 7:07:43 am

Did you mean "quit" final cut in no. 2? Also, it is now July 2013 and I don't see a patch forthcoming. But thanks for the work around--it worked great first time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will continue to do so.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:47:23 pm

I did! I should fire my copy editor. It'll keep working, but it's totally annoying.

Return to posts index

Deryk Clary
on Jun 9, 2014 at 10:29:37 pm

Worked for me! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]