FORUMS: list search recent posts

accidentally left a gap how to undo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
accidentally left a gap how to undo
on May 5, 2013 at 7:43:40 pm

accidentally left a gap while adjusting audio levels. I was using the range tool and somehow created what seems like a slug. undo didn't get me back where I was. how do I delete this slug if that what it is?

It pushed the first audio clip down one track

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Neil Sinclair
Re: accidentally left a gap how to undo
on May 5, 2013 at 8:21:23 pm

It's not a gap clip, you have expanded the audio/video. Double clip the audio segment to collapse back to original state.

Return to posts index

Kyle Bass
Re: accidentally left a gap how to undo
on May 5, 2013 at 9:04:46 pm

For future reference, you can also hit Ctrl-S to collapse/expand audio/video clips and Ctrl-Opt-S to collapse/expand audio components (useful if you want to mute whole audio "tracks" or sections of audio).

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Thanks Neil and Kyle
on May 5, 2013 at 9:43:29 pm

For what it's worth, I accidentally collapsed it back when I added some key frames. I appreciate your patience with the newbie question. Now that I know the feature exists it will be easy to do a search for how to use and it.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]