system 10.7.5
2.66 quad core
MacPro 4,1
28 gigs of ram
Geforce GT120
Quadro 4000
Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme 3D
Flanders LM-2140W
Project and Event folders on internal (2 drive software raided) media drive. 4TB 3.76 available.

I'm attempting some color correction to an interview on a beach scene on a very bright glarry midday shot.

Making any adjustment to the color, saturation, or exposure will produce a spinning beach ball and a frustrating wait. I don't mind waiting for something to render but I just want to play with the color setting while watching the scopes and broadcast monitor to get a decent picture and I'm being constantly interrupted.

the selected clip is about 5 min 30 second long.

any suggestions?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
Re: color correction and spinning beach ball
on May 5, 2013 at 1:11:02 pm

I would try to take a little piece of this scene, maybe 5 sec, and work with it.
Then I would disable background rendering in the playback-settings and put playback quality to better performance.
If this doesn't help maybe there is a plugin which kills the performance...

Hope this helps :)

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: color correction and spinning beach ball
on May 5, 2013 at 3:11:27 pm

Thanks Gregor,

I know i can save the the color grade as a preset to apply to other clips. How do i choose a 5 sec selection of a clip and correct only that section? I thought it was one clip at a time. I could blade it but prefer not to.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]