FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking Issue...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Craig
Relinking Issue...
on May 4, 2013 at 8:07:03 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to back-up my FCP project. I moved the orginal clips to my external Hard Drive and deleted everything that was in my events folder. Big mistake. Now when I linked my Hard Drive, and try to relink the missing files FCP can't find the missing clips. Is there anything I can do to fix this? In hindsight I shouldn't have deleted the clips in the event folder and I should've moved the event and project folder to my external hard drive as well. I only moved the original clips to my hard drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
Re: Relinking Issue...
on May 5, 2013 at 5:18:58 pm

it may take some jiggering but you should be able to relink. i've gone through this and always gotten it to work. the only exception is if you have edited the original media at all. then it's impossible.

is it giving you an error message when you relink?

where are you relinking from?

sometimes it makes a difference whether you are going to File/Relink in menu bar versus selecting "modify event references from within the inspector (it's under info panel). it also can make a difference whether you have selected a clip in your timeline or a clip in your event library

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]