FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Brown
Motion Tracking
on May 3, 2013 at 4:51:47 pm

I'm sure you guys have seen the Mocha powered SliceX plugin that I am linking below. But of course it's not available yet.

Am wondering if there are other motion tracking plug-ins? I've been learning Resolve so that I can do some of these things, but really most of what I need could be accomplished with a plug in I bet.

http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/slicex

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Motion Tracking
on May 3, 2013 at 5:23:28 pm

Motion's tracker is very good and easy to use, but you won't get that wonderful automated mocha tracking though, or like you have in Resolve.

Slice X isn't a tracking plugin, but a masking plugin with tracking integrated. As far as I know there isn't a dedicated tracking plugin for FCPX yet, would be cool if Apple added one.

Nik

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on May 4, 2013 at 12:00:28 am

Do you just need tracking for color correction?

I have "plain" Slice X and with it you can duplicate a clip, add a shape layer mask and then use your regular FCP color board controls, with Mocha tracking you should be able to get very close to Resolve for basic tracking for color correction tasks. Of course it adds complexity and possible slowdown on your playback.

Also by watching the sample videos at coremelt, It appears seems to be using Mocha's shape tracking (the shoe tracking for example) not just position. i.e. it will change shape as the object you are tracking changes shape.

If apple would add a few more little icons to the correction: track, b-spline & bezier shape, that would be mighty sweet. In the mean time however, Slice X I think is going allow some amazing things to be done in FCPX.

FYI. I actually started working on a conversion for Mocha tracking data to import into Transform Parameters in FCP via FCPXML. Won't work for Color Correction however, as you can't copy and paste those keyframes from one clip to another.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on May 4, 2013 at 1:06:24 pm

The Mocha tracking within the NLE is a great time-saver/simplifier. I don't think Apple will add it it natively through. They seem to go spoke and hub with this. X is the hub. Pick your plug ins as needed. Plus, it keeps third party developers engaged with their ecosystem, making $, etc. I think that makes good business sense. And if you don't need higher-end options, you don't have to pay for them. That said, there are still basic functions X lacks that it needs to add in.

Return to posts index

Bernhard Grininger
on May 6, 2013 at 6:58:38 pm

[T. Payton] "If apple would add a few more little icons to the correction: track, b-spline & bezier shape, that would be mighty sweet."

YES!
+1 from me

And it would be great if the masking tool palette from CC
would be available in ANY Filter and Effect in the stack by default.

Best regards,
Bernhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]