FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to exclde a small area from a chroma key?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shea A.J. Comfort
Is there a way to exclde a small area from a chroma key?
on May 2, 2013 at 2:39:33 am

Hello Everyone,

I am working with a shoot that has a wooden table and a green screen behind it. There is product on the table, and unfortunately there is a green power cord on the table, as well. When I key the background out, the power cord also gets grabbed! Is there a way to mask out the power cord so that it does not get seen by the keyer? Basically I would like to just mask out the table from the keyer? I tried a colour mask and that did not work... just made everything else besides the power cord darker and more muted.

Any suggestions besides buying a new, black power cord, tonight (which I am doing on the way home)?...;-)

Any help appreciated, thank you.

~Shea A.J. Comfort

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
Re: Is there a way to exclde a small area from a chroma key?
on May 2, 2013 at 3:06:18 am

Is it a static shot? Does the cord only have the table behind it, or is part of it in front of the green screen also? If it's static shot with only table behind the cord, I would probably make a copy of the footage above the main clip with no key applied to it, then use a multipoint mask to around the cable to show it unaffected by the key. If there's movement you might be able to keyframe the mask points.

That said, I can't suggest anything definitive without seeing the shot, but it may be a lot easier to just reshoot with the black cord.

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
Re: Is there a way to exclde a small area from a chroma key?
on May 2, 2013 at 3:16:54 am

By the way, I really like these 4, 8 and 16 point mask plugins, but I just remembered you can't actually keyframe the individual points, but you can other stuff like width, height, angle, position, etc.

http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/mask-plus-fcpx-effects/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]