FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modified Files rant

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Loren Risker
Modified Files rant
on May 1, 2013 at 8:09:27 pm

Has anyone figured out how to avoid the modified file errors? It's driving me nuts.

I edit on 2 computers, office and home. I have all of the original media on 2 drives, one at the office and one at home. I work with proxy footage, the office proxy is created with the office machine, and the home proxy is created with the home machine. Then I use google drive to swap my project and event files back and forth.

This has been working well for me until recently. I'm not sure if it's a 10.0.8 issue or specific to this project, but every day new files comes up as "modified" and won't reconnect, forcing me to re-render proxies when I switch machines.

Since I'm not touching these files outside of final cut, it must be FCPX that's modifying the files and making it unusable for the other machine. A lot of files are ones I haven't even touched within FCPX.

I'm guessing the issue is that since the proxies are being generated by different machines, something in the process makes them not identical. Any guesses as to why this may be? If only I could force relink! Since the original media is there and works fine, relinking isn't even an option.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]