FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Sync Issues when exporting roles as separate track quicktime movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Bayliss-Smith
Audio Sync Issues when exporting roles as separate track quicktime movie
on May 1, 2013 at 10:29:57 am

I'm trying to export an interview with two distinct tracks of sound (lapel mic and radio mic). I do this all the time using roles exported as "Roles as multitrack quicktime movie"

This time however we had some issues with the audio from the camera so I took some audio from the other camera (we were shooting a two camera interview) and synced it up with the problematic audio.

The 'new' audio I synced precisely using option-> to nudge it to perfection I then assigned it a distinct 'role' so I could give the editor a choice between the two tracks. I exported using "Roles as multitrack quicktime movie" and assigned the two distinct track as mono. The resulting file has the two tracks out of sync when played back afterwards. If I export as Master File without roles the two tracks are mixed together but no sync issues.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Return to posts index

Kyle Bass
Re: Audio Sync Issues when exporting roles as separate track quicktime movie
on May 1, 2013 at 7:24:49 pm

Have you tried exporting them as WAV/AIFF files, separately, using roles?

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
Re: Audio Sync Issues when exporting roles as separate track quicktime movie
on May 2, 2013 at 2:02:59 am

[Kyle Bass] "Have you tried exporting them as WAV/AIFF files, separately, using roles?"

No I haven't but I need it as one file that I can compress in a program called Newscasteer that maintains the distinct audio tracks. I need an mp4 and compressor mixes the tracks together when compressing an mp4.

I work in news so the editors that I send my footage to require distinct tracks

Do you think this is a bug related top the fact I used subframe nudging of the audio track?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]