FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can you see 4 audio tracks in timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Miller
How can you see 4 audio tracks in timeline?
on Apr 30, 2013 at 11:02:49 pm

Hi,

I did a two camera shoot, each camera used all four of their audio channels, yet when I import I on;y see one track, which I think X has mixed? I need to have control over each individual track to fade up or down depending on which podium mic was used. Can someone please tell me how I can display and manage audio tracks?

Thank you

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: How can you see 4 audio tracks in timeline?
on Apr 30, 2013 at 11:24:36 pm

Presuming you have the most recent version, or at least 10.0.7, you can OPT+double click the audio portion of the clip to reveal the discrete channels and keyframe or disable them as needed.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on May 1, 2013 at 5:22:07 am

I may get this a bit wrong, but I need to do something similar when I record two channels on a stereo file and FC gives me a single track file.

It can be done and is easy when you know how.

Highlight the file and go to the inspector, somewhere in there ( near the bottom I think) is an option to show individual mono tracks rather than a stereo track. Choose that and you gain access to the individual channels.

This side of things isn't very elegant in FCX but it works. I have a tendency to break the channels apart and separate them from my video clip just so I can view my audio as separate tracks because I prefer seeing everything in my timeline rather than having it all tucked away into a single does all file. I am a bit of a nay sayer about all this enforced de-cluttering that X does but once you get your head around it the workarounds are easy and become second nature even if a it annoying that they need to be done and you need to 'unpack' your timeline just to work it as ,you may wish.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 1, 2013 at 7:22:17 pm

Breaking apart is likely a bad idea for something as simple as this. Read Andy's post above. FCP addressed this in 10.0.7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]