FORUMS: list search recent posts

"error -1" when exporting file?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Wheeler
"error -1" when exporting file?!
on Apr 24, 2013 at 6:17:27 pm

I have seen this on two different machines, both running 10.0.8 FCP X. With two different projects.

When I go to create a file from an edited project, it will error out saying

"The share operation Master File Has Failed- The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 377 (error -1)"

With both projects, the original media was ProRes 422, and transcoded via FCPX. It also plays smoothly, it just won't create a file. The only difference between the projects on each machine I have seen this error on, is the frame number in the error.

The machines I am running are a macbook Pro Retina, 16GB RAM

and the Mac Pro 12 core 3.06 with 64GB Ram, with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 card. Both machines are running OS 10.8.3

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Larry Wheeler
Re: "error -1" when exporting file?!
on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:19:23 pm

I May have successfully answered my own question. I Deleted all Project Render Files under "File" menu, and re-exported it, and it worked.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Apr 25, 2013 at 2:16:18 am

Hey Larry! I was going to suggest that. Glad you figured it out. aAlso glad to see you doing more on X! Take care my friend.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Brad Jordan
on May 4, 2013 at 4:42:44 am

Thanks for the solution. Man, I thought my FCP system was heading South. I guess all of the changes, rendering, more changes, rendering, etc causes this. Deleted all the render files as noted after I was completely done and then exported. Worked like a charm. I hope there's a fix in an upcoming update. Kind of removes the benefit of background rendering if I have to do it all again at the end. Oh well, it's working now which is all that matters.

Return to posts index

james Richter
on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:20:07 am

Larry, same problem here. Question; what do you mean by "re-exported"? Re-render? Can you share a project without having rendered it first?

I have painstakingly removed the referenced frame only, re-share... if another error, removed that specific frame also, re-share.. etc, etc. It can take days!!.

Your solution sounds wonderful if only I can figure out if I can share an un-rendered project.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Larry Wheeler
on Aug 6, 2013 at 12:36:01 pm

Well how I got around was to "Delete Project Render Files", and then (rather quickly) "share" the file via the "Share>Master File (default)" command, or Command+E. With the rogue render files causing the issue, for whatever reason you can re-share the file after using the "Delete Project Render Files" and will create the file, without doing a normal render of the storyline. Of course it does render it in some way, but after export, the "storyline" still appears un-rendered. Doing it this way, has consistently fixed this issue, and given me a usable movie file. I have noticed this is way more common on my 15" MacBook Pro Retina. I have seen it once on my Mac Pro Tower, but that's it. I also haven't seen this issue lately. I hope that helps. There is little worse than completing an edit, only to have an issue like this, especially with no help, and a quickly approaching deadline!

Return to posts index

Chris Oliver
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:19:23 pm

This is so close to fixing my problem, I can feel it. I am new to Motion and so am not very well experienced.

Where is the "Delete Project Render Files"? I have looked all over the place but can't find it!!! I have just been using the share option without rendering (also couldnt find that either), originally it worked fine and I could export it as many time as I like, but it would appear as soon ass I have added a few effects, it wont export.

My deadline is 3 days away, help would be amazing!!

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Larry Wheeler
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:10:34 pm

In FCPX, It's under the File menu toward the bottom as "Delete Project Render Files..." Not sure about "Motion".

Return to posts index

valerie dater
on Jun 20, 2015 at 3:34:35 pm

The issue is that FCPx hates it's own generators and some fancy text options! I finally went through and checked each frame that is gives you the error code to look at. The "details" box you click within the "failed shared" box will show you where to go with a timecode. I was using the "slide in" text option to introduce my guests. Guess what? It hates itself. If you zoom in on your timeline enough, you can find the exact spot, and FCP makes a black frame even for a millisecond, which is unnoticable to the eye because it goes so fast. This causes a "failed share.' As soon as you carefully delete that frame and try to export again, you will most likely get another failed share with another error code AGAIN. Now go look at that frame. It will be another millisecond with a frame that creates negative space in another generator or text option --or within the same one you just shaved. I had this occur on a red, slide in text and also on a "solid" black generator, also known as a "custom" generator. It took me over 25 hours to figure out what the problem is (this only happened because I have a really smart co-worker who could figure it out). This is the definition of insanity. Meanwhile, my client has been waiting on me thinking I am incompetent. The incompentency is the most recent version of FCPx. If this had been a strict deadline, the client and I would have both been RUINED. I finally had to trash all of the fancy work I did, and use BASIC titles and completely exclude the generators. What a joke. I could have done this on iMovie for free. Thanks for nothing, FCPx. Thanks for ripping me off and causing horrible stress, speepless nights, and consuming all of my time. Now my home life is a wreck and I've got to pick up the pieces. A somewhat simple edit turned into a 40 hour work week.The people who released this junk should be fired for not even testing it first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]