FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio mismatching

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Fox
audio mismatching
on Apr 23, 2013 at 10:02:59 am

Hi there,

I'm on a project where the crew had a problem with audio and as a a few clips are merely recorded on zoom mic via a DSLR. The rest being on LAV via XLR to an FS700.

In an echoey room just to throw fat on the fire.

Any tips for lining the audio up at least somewhat? Match audio does not seem to do much and I have fiddled with EQ loads.

Will go thru soundtrack pro if need be.

Cheers,

T

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: audio mismatching
on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:23:16 pm

Did the lav track go away completely or is there something understandable there? If not, then I'd try to line up the Zoom to the good lav audio just before the problem area. That will get the Zoom audio to the right area of t he track. The next audio should be what's missing. Then, look for a mouth movement early in the take that corresponds to a sound on the track like an "m" where the lips are closed. Slide the track frame-by-frame until the sync looks good. What a pain. Good luck.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.7.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.7, Motion 5.0.6, Compressor 4.0.6

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]