FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Dropout dropout on playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Fox
Audio Dropout dropout on playback
on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:21:29 pm

Hello all,

Am having an issue where audio is cutting out during playback. everything else (video, audio meters, exported file etc) is fine.

I was working on the project friday and it was fine. It has only been on returning to it today that the issue has raised.

Has anybody else seen such an issue or found a cause?

Imac i7 2.93ghz, 20gb. Project and event on external FW800. FCP 10.0.8

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Audio Dropout dropout on playback
on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:12:05 am

What sort of audio and where's it located?

I had audio playback issues a while back with a mix pf MP3 and WAV files in a project that I put down to not having enough bandwidth for playback. They were located on an external firewire 800 drive that was only doing about 60mbs.

Once I moved the project to my external USB 3 RAID 0 enclosure (210mbs) the problem went away.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tom Fox
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:06:20 am

It's in the ProRes file taken transcoded from the camera footage (Sony FS-700)

I'm not sure that this is the issue here as Activity Monitor shows 15-18MBs when playing.

This morning the issue seems to have gone away but is bound to come back...

All was working fine on Saturday. Only after booting up yesterday did the prob appear. The project had already been sent to client as a first draft.

While this is the first time I have seen the sound cutting out (again, with levels displaying correctly and no jump in video) it seems to be symptomatic of a larger problem which appeared when I was deep into another project ( before .8 but I think after .7):

While the skimmer works fine, I am getting a beachball for a good 3 seconds when hitting the space bar ( and far longer if I hit J (play backwards)). This happens after trashing prefs and logging in as another bare bones user.

I cannot be sure if the problems are interrelated but the other project was canon eos and chroma (which, hitherto, I thought was the problem...)

Return to posts index

francis repass
on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:45:13 pm

Did you ever find a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]