FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X native footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay Couch
Final Cut Pro X native footage
on Apr 18, 2013 at 3:17:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

After the recent cloud announcements everyone has been discussing, I am looking to possibly re purchase X. I wanted to know if they changed it to where editing native footage is standard procedure like PP. Can I drop multiple types of footage and go? I like the snappy functionality that proxy provides, I simply do not want to spend the time to create it, nor have it suck up my hard drive space. Premiere Pro works fine on my machine and is very fast with its render times and functionality. That being said, this is NOT any type of flame bait post, I am seriously looking at repurchasing it for my work. I liked how it worked before but the speed at which it did work was the problem. My MacBook pro is no slouch, as it is the best 15" you can purchase right now that is non retina.

Any response is greatly appreciated!!

Clay Couch
Studio Macula LLC
3D animator/compositor

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Final Cut Pro X native footage
on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:10:44 pm

I've actually never had an issue with the speed of FCPX, especially since you can start working while it transcodes footage, although it does lag at times.

10.0.8 added some compatibility. I usually work with h.264, apple prores and xdcam. I imported some AVCHD yesterday without rendering optimized nor proxies and it was very fluid, also works with h.264.

Return to posts index

Clay Couch
on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:37:52 pm

Well I suppose it was the lag that bothered me. I am usually able to deal with things like that with no problems but for whatever reason I was anal about it. I think it probably was due to the fact everyone was bashing the X release at that time and so it had me looking at every hiccup as a permanent problem that would never be addressed :(. I do appreciate your input.

Clay Couch
Studio Macula LLC
3D animator/compositor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:22:16 pm

Did you already purchase fcpx?

If so, no need to repurchase, just redownload.

Every version seems to get better in the performance department, but it does take a moment sometimes, due to all the background saving and media creation (thumbnails et al).

FCPX does not work as natively as Pr. What format of footage do you typically work with?

Also, the Cloud concern, in my opinion, is slightly blown way out of proportion.

I'd wait until official word from Adobe before making any brash decisions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]