FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam - Cropping the camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Garton
Multicam - Cropping the camera
on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:51:34 am

On an interview, the cameraman on one of the cameras has composed the shot badly, and I want to zoom in and recompose it. If I do this after the multicam edit, I will have to copy and paste the attributes of the transform to all the clips from this camera (that is tiresome).
Would it be best to crop and transform this camera first, "share" it to a new file and re-import it. (Then do the multicam)

Or is there a better workflow?

Cheers
Wayne
New Zealand

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Multicam - Cropping the camera
on Apr 16, 2013 at 3:50:54 am

[Wayne Garton] "Would it be best to crop and transform this camera first, "share" it to a new file and re-import it. (Then do the multicam)

Or is there a better workflow?"

Not a multicam wizard, but I think you can open the multicam clip in the angle editor (right click on it for the menu), apply your transform to the clip, close the angle editor and then just proceed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:40:24 am

That is correct. Any corrections that you want applied to all instances of the camera should be done in the angle editor, and it will update throughout the project(s).

Return to posts index

Wayne Garton
on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:46:12 am

Thanks guys.
Much better solution than cropping, sharing and re-importing

Cheers
Wayne
New Zealand

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:55:34 am

You can also simply copy the transform applied on any clip in the storyline (highlight the clip and Command C copy it's attributes) - select multiple other clips, then and use Paste Attirbutes to apply the same crop across multiple scenes. Might be harder or easier depending on how far along you are building your timeline.

It makes sense to make these changes upstream in the Angle Viewer if you want the correction to persist, but if you just want to change a bunch of clips already on your storyline, cut and paste attributes works just fine.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]