FORUMS: list search recent posts

Angle Viewer / Angle Editor Confusion with monitoring angles.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Manno
Angle Viewer / Angle Editor Confusion with monitoring angles.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:49:30 am

If I jump into my angle editor and set a monitoring angle, the new angle doesn't correspond with the timeline clip and my angle viewer, and visa versa..

If I change the monitoring angle in my angle editor doesn't it make sence for it to also change once I go back to my multicam timeline clip??

Is this a bug ?

-Frankie

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: Angle Viewer / Angle Editor Confusion with monitoring angles.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:15:10 pm

The monitoring angle isn't for editing, it is for working in the angel editor. See here:

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.0.6/#ver23c76b1a

However, changing the monitoring angle in the angle editor will only effect new or unedited instances of the multiclip.

If you want to switch angels use the info pain of the inspector (set it to general) or right click on a clip and change the active audio or active video angle.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:28:07 pm

This is all due to the infamous "metadata flow" in X. It starts on import and at every stage, new metadata is added to existing metadata and carried along. So knowing whether you're applying changes "upstream" or "downstream" of an asset can have an impact.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Lisa Laughbaum
on Sep 28, 2014 at 9:59:57 pm

"right click on a clip and change the active audio or active video angle."

Here's a different question along the same lines...

How do you make a global change to your active audio for an entire project? I have over a thousand cuts and I only cut the video, the audio track stayed constant. But after editing the entire show (two one-hour multicam clips) I'm realizing the audio is corrupt and that I need to make a global change to another audio angle.

Just can't figure out how. Using FCPX. Thanks! :)

Lisa Laughbaum
Laughing Tree Productions
http://www.LaughingTreeProductions.com

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Sep 29, 2014 at 4:44:44 pm

Super easy. Just select all your clips you want to change and then in the inspector change the active audio angle.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:19:15 pm

As was mentioned, the monitoring angle is just for choosing which track is visible/audible while you're working in the angle editor. The angle editor is where you "prepare" your angles. For example, if you need to manually add and sync a new angle to your mulitcam clip, you will be "working in the angle editor". When starting a multicam edit, I like to make global changes from within the angle editor. Like color correcting each scene and leveling audio. Then when I go back to the timeline to do the angle switching etc, everything looks and sounds good already. You can blade and add effects and adjust audio levels as necessary all in the angle editor, getting your clips to a good starting point. It is especially useful if you have already done sone editing in the timeline, but then realize you want to make a global change to one of the angles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]