FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen Work Flow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Robinson
Green Screen Work Flow
on Apr 11, 2013 at 4:22:00 am

I would appreciate some assistance with work flow on a green screen project. I have imported AVC Intra 100 media and I have established the media plays back and the key is good. I have a talking head that I want to composite. I may do some work in AE but I would like to accomplish what I can in FCP-X.
First I need to edit the good takes from the shoot.

I started to use a compound clip to edit the good takes and then place that into another compound clip for the composite. Is this a good work flow or is there a better approach.

Thank you for assisting me.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Green Screen Work Flow
on Apr 11, 2013 at 3:21:31 pm

Just me, but I try to avoid compound clips just for the sake of having edits accessible and at the ready. But if you're doing it so you can add just one green screen effect, I guess that would work. But generally I end up tweaking shot by shot anyway so I don't see the point of all the compounds.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Green Screen Work Flow
on Apr 12, 2013 at 12:59:17 am

I don't have any aversion to compound clips but I can't quite see why you're using them in this case.

My workflow is usually to edit the footage, apply a key to the first clip, then copy and paste the effect onto the rest. Skim through and adjust as needed.

The only time I'd use a compound clip was if I was cropping in and out on the image to hide my edits. In that case, mostly due to laziness, I'd key the clip pre-edit, drop in the background and combine them both into a compound, and edit the compound so that the background 'zoomed' in with my cut.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]