FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Crucial M500 SSD drives are out at 960GB, how about heat generation in MBP when exporting?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
New Crucial M500 SSD drives are out at 960GB, how about heat generation in MBP when exporting?
on Apr 10, 2013 at 9:21:46 pm

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/04/waiting-for-a-1tb-ssd-below-1-per-gb...
New M500 drives are out, topping out at 960GB for $599 MSRP.

No question on the speed increase with SSDs and according to this article, prices are starting to come down, but I'd like to know about the heat generated in a MBP.

Has anyone installed SSDs in their MBP and noticed a drop in overall heat? And if so, does this mean that the fans come on less when doing chores like exporting in FCP X, Compressor, etc?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: New Crucial M500 SSD drives are out at 960GB, how about heat generation in MBP when exporting?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:03:01 pm

Let me re-phrase this into a different question.

What makes the fans come on in a MBP more, drive usage or CPU, RAM, and GPU? The main reason I ask is because I use ScreenFlow to capture live Adobe Connect classes and when both of these are running at the same time, my MBP fans go nuts. I wouldn't care except for all the white noise created that I later need to try and gate and EQ out when I do the class edit.

Do you think that SSDs would run cooler and help keep the fans from revving up so much, or is it mostly the CPU, GPU, and maybe RAM usage that causes the fans to do this?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]