FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swapping out low res footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Bea
Swapping out low res footage
on Apr 9, 2013 at 8:27:56 pm

So I've done an edit using fcpx10.0.8 and used some footage downloaded from youtube at 640p (maximum available size) (i created optimised and proxy media versions on import) and having contacted the owner i now have the hi-res version. I'd like to swap like for like but keeping all the edit decisions. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Hampus Lager
Re: Swapping out low res footage
on Apr 9, 2013 at 8:39:46 pm

maybe... first step is to make sure that all videos start and stop at the same place. then rename the new files to match the old ones, that's how the transition works when you move the original files and put the new files into the original folder. then hope stuff like frame rate and timecode match, then it would def work. did this with proxies in premiere.

if you have imported the files using "copy to fcp folder", then you gotta get rid of those and relink to the originals (now the new files) to copy them again to an event.

Return to posts index

Olly Bea
Re: Swapping out low res footage
on Apr 10, 2013 at 7:33:57 am

Thanks for the response. I tried something similar but fcp kept crashing. I even trashed the prefs and still little joy but I'll try again see if there is something I am doing wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]