FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX won't let me export/share finished project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Fox
FCPX won't let me export/share finished project
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:37:57 pm

When I try to export my project through the "Share" menu, all options are greyed out.

I'm thinking the problem may be with the .MTS files. I do not have the original camera but I copied over the whole file tree structure. When I imported the files, I just pointed my computer to import the whole file tree which seemed to work. Now when I close FCP and reopen, the file referencing the .mts files says "Missing Camera". If I re-import the files everything is reconnected and the edit is the same. However I can't export.

The only other problem I can think is that my computer does not have enough space to export the file (currently have 20 gigs). If this is the case, how can I point FCP to save to an external drive?

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be.

Return to posts index

Becky Geear
Re: FCPX won't let me export/share finished project
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:44:46 pm

Hi Ann,

I'm not sure what's going on with your Share menu being grayed out, but I'm having problems with my Share shortcut (cmd+E) not working. My menu is still accessible, however. If you find out anything, let me know. I'm curious how to get our problems working again. Did you just install the latest update?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]