FCPX - sound not importing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz swift
FCPX - sound not importing
on Apr 3, 2013 at 9:24:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

I'm using FCPX. I have a .mov file that plays with sound in Quicktime, but when I import into FCPX, it doesn't import the sound.

I have imported other files before and after, and they all import with sound, therefore I assume it is not a default setting that I have changed.

Any ideas???

PS: I'm a newby to FCP therefore please no techy language as it will go over my head

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: FCPX - sound not importing
on Apr 8, 2013 at 6:23:45 pm

1) Select the clip in FCPX and bring up the inspector (command-4). Click on the audio tab. Under channel configuration, make sure an audio channel is selected.

2) If that doesn't reveal the problem, verify the clip is good and the codec isn't something unusual. Do this by right clicking the clip and selecting reveal in finder. Open the file in quicktime. Play it back and make sure there's sound. If there is sound, go to the menu and choose Window-->View inspector. What does it say under format?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, and entertainment for your couch.

Return to posts index

Blake Hodges
Re: FCPX - sound not importing
on May 7, 2013 at 10:26:41 pm

I'm having the same problem as described above. I'm trying to import H264 .MOVs (shot on a 5D), and once the clips are imported and transcoded in FCPX, there is no audio attached to the clips at all. No audio tab to click on in the Inspector.

I have a feeling this may have something to do with my checking "Remove silent audio channels" upon import, even though I've confirmed that there is indeed quality audio "baked in" to the original H264 files.

Is there a way to re-import just the audio to the video files if FCPX "removed" them upon import? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]