FORUMS: list search recent posts

need advice - use audition for versioning or create 18 separate projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
need advice - use audition for versioning or create 18 separate projects?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:25:54 am

I have to spit out 18 different videos where only one shot changes - it's a location identifier that changes based on where the video is playing.

I was planning on creating 18 projects and just swapping out the clip. Then I thought I might be able to use auditioning to swap out clip with the next one.

Plan is to spit out SAS (same as source) QT at ProRes for each location. So my questions are:

-Can audition support 18 options?
-Can I add to the "share queue" while changing auditions and queue 18 videos up with 18 separate changes, or will it spit out what is currently set?

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: need advice - use audition for versioning or create 18 separate projects?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:35:23 am

You can easily put all of that into one timeline and simply disable the identifiers you don't need as you go to export each version. Select a clip and then V to disable/enable it. You can also select multiple clips for this operation.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:14:40 am

[James Cude] "You can easily put all of that into one timeline and simply disable the identifiers you don't need as you go to export each version. Select a clip and then V to disable/enable it. You can also select multiple clips for this operation."

I concur. Stack them up. Select them all, hit V. Select the first one you need, hit V and export. Disable clip 1 enable clip 2 etc and repeat... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:57:34 am

haha...I guess I was over complicating! :)

Thanks guys :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:40:55 pm

I would, personally, use an Audition clip for this in one Project.

Select the clip, control-right arrow to select the next one, export.

Control-right arrow, export.

You can keep buzzing through this and FCPX will gather the queue and export the proper versions. There's no reason to wait until the export is done.

I thought Audition clips would be a cheesy feature grabber to demo on apple.com, but I really really like them as a tool.

Inevitably, someone will say that they could be better, and they'd have a point, but as it stands they are a decent tool and I use them far more often that I expected I would.

The easiest way would be to select all 18 clips in the browser, and create and Audition clip by hitting command-y. You can then edit that Audition clip to your timeline as you would any other clip. This will add all 18 clips masked as one clip to your timeline.

Super useful.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:23:03 am

Any time I use them and play around with switching them, it seems... crashola!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]