FORUMS: list search recent posts

Free today: ProCutX for Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Hollander
Free today: ProCutX for Final Cut Pro
on Mar 31, 2013 at 11:28:43 pm

Special!!! Free today

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/procutx-for-final-cut-pro-x/id596946635?mt=...

or from the App Store.

ProCutX for Final Cut Pro X 1.1

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
Re: Free today: ProCutX for Final Cut Pro
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:01:34 am

Pixel. Stopped buying their plugins. Always look good in the trailer but most of them are pretty flaccid. Plus the way their boss dealt with the mDust thieving was pretty dire.

And even free this one looks pretty pointless. I'm not sure how moving certain buttons to an iPad so I have another item on my desk to move to in order to just push a button is a good thing.

My tuppence on this anyway.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:01:05 am

All the more reason to get it while its free ; )

I picked it up a while ago and have used it too show off to colleagues more often than real world use (only a handful of total uses). As Julian guesses, most of it is pretty useless. I just can't see an app like this replacing standard editing functions.

Now, if FCPX had custom window layouts, and this app (or preferably an Apple "Pro" App) had custom buttons/display/info etc. that changed to match your current screen layout. Assuming that a particular FCPX window layout dictates a specific process of the edit (like importing, organizing, color correction, audio, "general cutting" or whatever), sometimes the iPad is similar to the HUD in Motion 5, sometimes it's displaying video scopes and others its big custom buttons or even something like the "scratch pad" I heard people talking about from some other NLE, where you could just throw clips to mess around with. The idea being that the ipad is a dynamic "extension" of the FCPX interface. I'm sure if it was thoughtfully designed with real world use in mind and customizable so it's fit an individuals workflow, it could actually be something worthwhile.

Anyway, that's my pipe dream of what I want in an FCPX iPad App in a nutshell, which this app definitely isn't.

Return to posts index

Eli Hollander
on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:44:46 pm

You know what they say about gift-horses....

Return to posts index

Eli Hollander
on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:45:42 pm

P.S. But I don't disagree about the above comments.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:17:32 pm

I agree, get it while it is free seems like an easy choice assuming we are not in Troy and an app is not a Trojan Horse! Doesn't do a lot yet, but wait and see. We're used to that approach with other software. Certainly nothing is easier and faster the JKL but there are menu selections and shortcuts that are not frequently used where a button on an iPad panel might help productivity. And that wheel might be more useful for some things once you get used to it and it's functionality grows.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]