FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problem in creating Multicam Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Katz
Audio Problem in creating Multicam Clip
on Mar 29, 2013 at 5:17:38 am

First time this problem occurred with creating a multicam clip in FCPX: after I create the multicam clip, Clip #2's audio within the clip sounds as if the audio is coming from either the internal mic camera, as opposed to the wireless mic, or is being captured by the wireless mic of Clip #1. Yet the original Clip #2's audio being used to create the multicam clip is perfect! I've tried reimporting both clips from the two cameras, restarting, nothing works! I've been spinning my wheels for several hours!

Anyone ever experience this?

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

T. Payton
Re: Audio Problem in creating Multicam Clip
on Mar 29, 2013 at 5:27:07 am

I can think of a few possible causes for this:

1- You might have the monitoring angle set incorrectly in your multicam clip. To fix, open the angle editor and right click on the icon next to the angle name. There you can change what is the default audio angle that will be monitored.

2 -The audio channels for your clips could be set incorrectly. This is unlikely, but I would check it anyway in the inspector in the angle editor.

3 - Your car is on blocks and your wheels are literally spinning for hours. ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Let us know if this doesn't do the trick.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Harry Katz
on Mar 29, 2013 at 5:52:10 am

Tom, I'm too much of a novice here to know exactly what you were talking about, but I went through your first suggestion, I was clicking on various icons, noticing some changes in which audio was dominant, but when I went back to the multi cam clip nothing changed. Then I went into the inspector, after I found out what that was (!!) and clicked on both angle 1 and angle 2, making the check boxes active in both, while changing to Dual Mono, where it doesn't matter to me if it's stereo or not, but something worked! It worked! I wish I knew why this change had to be made, when I never had to make any adjustments after making the multi cam clip in other videos, but I'm not concerned now... I have perfect sound in both channels...

Thanks for your input... now I can go home, get my 4 hours sleep and come back to the office again! Really appreciate it!

Harry

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

Harry Katz
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:35:51 pm

I'm working on another video and the same problem is occurring... Angle 2's audio is coming from Angle 1's mic when in the timeline, yet when I listen to the original Angle 2 clip the audio is fine. So I go into the Angle Editor, I set the monitoring angle, everything sounds fine here, but when I use the back arrow to go back to the timeline, the Angle 2 audio isn't there... of course I'm on a deadline today!

Thanks again.

Harry

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:40:41 pm

Harry,

It is just a configuration issue. Double check what you are seeing in the timeline. The monitoring angle will only effect future edits.

If you are under deadline and can't figure it out feel free to call me. Look up my company website, onecreative.net and call them number there.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Harry Katz
on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:35:13 pm

Tom, I was able to get Angle 2 audio working fine in the multicam clip in the timeline, but now Angle 1 audio is not! It's audio is coming from Angle 2, the reverse of the problem I had earlier! I'll try to give you a call... thanks very much for the offer.

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]